THRIFT ROUND-UP :: SATURDAY SURPRISES

I wasn't planning on going thrifting last weekend. But on Friday night, I decided it would be a fun distraction from the heat wave that's been rolling across the US. Plus, I don't have air conditioning, so anything to get out of the heat and in to cooler air is awesome.

Well, I am glad I went shopping because I found a lot of great items. The thrift gods were definitely watching out for me! (which, of course, means my next few thrifting trips will be busts.)


This blanket with southwestern graphic pattern was calling my name. And I love this children's bed sheet with animal illustrations. It almost looks like it could be Marimekko. And it's not IKEA. Does anyone have any info they could share?


I've started collecting wooden mid-century candle holders. I've been looking for a pair like the ones above for some time. And the mod black granny glasses I couldn't pass up.


I love vintage embroidery so when I saw the Native American inspired piece above I grabbed it immediately. You usually only see floral patterns in vintage embroidery so this piece is unique. There is no explanation on the back so I'm curious what this pattern means.


And here is the best find of the day... and maybe even the entire year... two Cathrineholm pots! Major score! When I saw the larger pot I gasped, grabbed my pearls like a 1950s housewife, and ran down the shopping aisle. Everybody looked at me. I couldn't believe it. When I rounded the corner and started going down the next aisle I spotted the smaller piece which seemed too good to be true.

There were other items I found but these were the best of the bunch. What have all of you found recently?

10 comments:

  1. I would have snapped up everything in this post jn a second! I especially love the southwestern blanket and of course the Cathrineholm pots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your intro made me laugh because i did EXACTLY the same thing yesterday to escape the heat (i don't have AC either). i ended up finding some pants, but i was actually really looking for some homegoods (including a blanket) because your blog inspired me to :) like the above commenter said, i LOVE the southwestern blanket that you found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @velvet and @ally... the blanket is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, you always have the best luck thrifting. Where do you go to find this stuff in Cinci? I like Duck Creek sometimes, but it tends to be more than I want to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome scores! how awesome that the thrifting gods helped you find such treasures! that fabric top right, and embroidery are my fav, and CH pieces are always a huge huge plus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweeet scores! congrats on the cathrineholm pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE score with that catherineholm! congratulations. we're giving you a virtual handshake right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! I like to pick up vintage embroidery too - I often take them out of the frames and use them for other projects, such as pillows or tote bags. Your blog is becoming a favorite of mine btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a native american medicine wheel, that is round like the sun. The feathers show the four primary directions: North is blue (trouble), east is red (success), south is white (peace), and west is black (death). Everyone has to experience all the directions and paths in life. The plants would represent spring or renewal. And the center is another direction, and it has a symbol but I'm not sure what it is. It's a really special find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found a fondue pot at Valley Thrift in Fairfield! Not nearly the quality those look to be though.

    ReplyDelete