SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK

How many of you remember Schoolhouse Rock? All of you? Ok, cool.

Let's relive some of the better videos...

My favorite, by far, is Telegraph Line from 1979. The telegraph line/nervous system analogy is great and that little messenger kid on the bike is too cool.


I also like that wacky Interplanet Janet from 1978...


I especially like the lyrics about the sun.... "It's a star! It's a star! So, Janet got an autograph." I also like Janet's blank look. She kinda looks like a drag queen, too.

Of course, every one's favorite is Conjunction Junction from 1973...


This was part of the first wave of the series. I like it alright, but not as much as some of the others. I do think the premise of this one holds true throughout.

The next favorite is I'm Just a Bill from 1975...


It's funny that this is pretty much not how a bill becomes a law anymore. It was produced as part of America Rock for the US Bicentennial in 1976. The other videos in the 'Merica Rock series go overboard on the patriotism and some border on nationalistic. No More Kings and The Great American Melting Pot are particularly offensive to me. Different times, I guess.

What's your favorite Schoolhouse Rock episode?