MICHAEL LAX FOR COPCO

Lately, I've become interested in Michael Lax designed items produced by Copco. I found a Lax designed tea kettle a few weeks ago and just listed it in the shop.


I've found many other great Copco designs during my research and have fallen in love. Lax was born in 1929 and lived until 1999. He came to Copco because he was friends with Samuel Farber who founded the company. Lax designed enamel and cast iron kitchenware items throughout the 1960s.

There are Michael Lax and Copco items on Etsy and all over Ebay. And occasionally you will find them at thrift stores and at garage and estate sales.

Thanks to A La Modern Blog for the Michael Lax info.

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE that tea pot by Michael Lax! We have one in powder blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colored kettles are great. I'd die if I ever found one in orange/red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, thats my dad...who died in 1999...my dad designed glassware for mikasa as well.

    ReplyDelete