WISH LIST :: KILIM RUGS

On my wish list right now is a kilim rug. But, wait, what is that? How is a kilim rug different than a "regular" rug. Well, dear readers, I am going to educate you...

A kilim rug is pileless and other rugs are piled which also makes them carpets. When making a kilim rug, the wefts and wraps are interwoven as in weaving on a loom. Other kinds of rugs use small pieces of knotted yarn. Think of it this way... latch hook rugs are piled rugs; the yarn is just giant compared to their fancier thinner-yarn using cousins. Get it now?

Most kilim rugs originated in the Middle East, such as Turkey and Iran. The word kilim comes from a Turkish word. These rugs can be used on the floor or hung on the wall as art. You can even find kilim throw pillows, place mats, etc.

I like them because they fit right in to a modern interior. Check out these examples:



See? I told you so. Aren't these examples the coolest! You can find kilim rugs all over the internets. I found the ones bellow at carpetview.com.


7 comments:

  1. Yummy kilims. I need to find me some rugs this weekend at the Rose Bowl. We'll have to make a stop over at the Rose when you're in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drew, good to see you posting again, love the new blog. I keep debating reinventing CincinnatiModernation myself, keep up the good work!

    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dabito... yes, the rose bowl might work!


    @chris... thanks for stopping by! and do the blog reinvention... it will make you excited again about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers......it would be perfect for my room. Excellent work.
    Modern Rugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! all are very beautiful options for rugs. Thank you for sharing. Really very helpful. kilim area rugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.
    kilim area rugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dining room is so awesome! you are an innovative artist, the products you create are well designed. I LOVE this room, rugs and cushions!!

    Visit: http://www.rugsville.com/

    ReplyDelete