WHAT I DIDN'T BUY :: ODDS 'N ENDS

It's another installment of What I Didn't Buy! This time it's odd and ends...


This Dansk pitcher got my attention, but it was in rough shape. Does anyone know if it should have a lid? I've been looking for a record player, but I don't think this Fisher-Price version would cut it. I'd love to find one of those elementary school record players with the speakers built in.


I've seen plenty of containers for coffee, tea, sugar and flour. But never one for grease. Eww, gross. I stood and looked at this owl-shaped jar for about 5 minutes. I finally decided to buy it since it is so unique. I knew I made the right decision because everyone in the thrift store was stopping me and asking about it.


I would have bought this piece of yarn art, but it was kinda big for the shop. Plus, I don't know, it just didn't excite me that much. And the peacock string art was great, but was in rough shape.


I kinda regret not buying the Last Supper paint-by-numbers. It was pretty expensive to put in the shop. Plus it was kinda big. I should have bought it. Oh well.

What did you find at the thrift store this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. I definitely would have purchased the grease container...pour your bacon drippings right in and use them the next time you make corn bread or green beans...that's what my Momma used to do. Believe it or not, they sell very well.

    I do believe the pitcher had a lid at one time and the owl was a great item! They are very 'in' right now, though I don't know why :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I would have snapped that FP record player up in a flash (I had a little hand-me-down orange one when I was little)

    Both of my grandmothers kept grease ... but those were different times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that yarn art. grease owl? so weird, but cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @wicked... i suppose the grease container would be really funny even just to use for other things. a conversation piece.

    @roadside... it's a great item, just didn't speak to me.

    @jessica... the string art was great, just in bad shape. sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your last supper paint by number reminded me of the free light up last supper I scored at a yard sale over the weekend. Good choice on getting the owl container!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did not just pass up that orange greese bucket! I am almost a little insulted because I would have bought it right out of your shop. If you go back, grab it ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That owl is a beauty, good thing you snagged it. Reminds me of the owl from Clash of the Titans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly where to get one of those elementary school-style record players in the case with speakers built in. Still interested? A teacher brought me four of them a few weeks ago, and I haven't listed them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you don't mind we tagged you as 'inspiring us this month' on our blog. You're blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drew, good call on the owl ice bucket - bought one for a friend after seeing it in a Martha Stewart issue. And the FP record player? Sold one on Etsy last year for $50. If it's in great shape, people want it. As usual, love your posts!

    ReplyDelete