WHAT I DIDN'T BUY :: CHAIRS

Hello, everyone. I am back after a 3 week hiatus. I've been busy with other things in my life, including band camp with the high school group that I teach (yes, you read that correctly... BAND camp). I also had an out-of-town guest who happens to be from LA (more on this later).

I have been able to do quite a bit of thrifting, though. I didn't find too many amazing things that I actually purchased, but I did find lots of items caught my eye but that I left.

I love vintage chairs- they are the first items in the furniture departments that I notice. I like them because they are inexpensive, easy to take home and can add some funky character to any interior. Here are a few I liked but decided to not buy...


I really loved this Danish Modern looking armchair. However, it was in poor shape. There was a rip in the vinyl upholstery and the wood was nicked and scraped.


If I had an actual house with a back yard (instead of an apartment) I would have totally bought this great rocking lawn chair. Can you imagine sitting on this chair on a breezy cool summer evening with a glass of wine? AWESOME!

And I am a sucker for orange, silver and plastic. If I didn't already have too many plastic/fiberglass chairs, these orange beauties would have come home with me.


Speaking of silver, check out this pair of chrome awesomeness. There were six of the chairs on the right... totally easy to reupholster... can you imagine them in a black vinyl sitting around a Saarinen tulip table... wow!

What did you find while thrifting recently?

6 comments:

  1. found a nice Telechron clock and some kitschy art at an auction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to thrift in a long long time. It's super sad. Which is why I love living vicariously through your blog!

    Have a good day Drew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE chairs. I see many nice chairs I leave behind, too. Sometimes I can do nothing with one and I'm out of space. Looking for dining room chairs guests don't fall out of, though. :) The orange chairs would have been MINE if they were the right price.

    AND it's sweet that you teach band camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post. Apart from the shifting of furniture, the foremost thing is the packaging of your goods and other important things.

    Furniture removal company

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Nice Post....

    Thanks for sharing....Keep Posting....
    international moving companies

    ReplyDelete