WHAT I DIDN'T BUY

I went thrifting last Thursday and hit up about 10 stores. I found some good things as you can see in the post below. There were a few things that didn't come home with me...


I loved that brown chair but it was a bit expensive. Plus, it really doesn't go with the vintage bohemian vibe I have going on in my apartment.

The black chair was cool, but it was already sold.


That hutch was super cool, but it too was already sold.

I should have bought that cool bench, but it was in rough shape. Plus, I know myself... adding a bench to my home would only make me put too much stuff on it hoarder style.


What a groovy candle... with a gross layer of grime over it. I loved this mod cheese board/cutting tile but it was missing the knife. The owl trivet was fun, but was in rough shape.


I stopped at an antique mall and found this tulip table knock-off by Burke for only $250. I am thinking I really want to go back and get it. I don't have the room for it, but you know how that goes... I can make room.

UPDATE... I just bought the table! I will be picking it up in two days. Can't wait!

11 comments:

  1. Aah - that black and cream lamp in the last shot! Please tell me that came home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jess... the one in the background? nope, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the 3 orange hardware storage items behind the brown chair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great misses, but Jess is right about that ultra cool lamp. I love mid-century lamps, wonder what they were asking for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mod cutting board and the hutch. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make room for that table! I know I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame! Here in Australia I could only dream of walking into an op-shop (thrift store) and seeing a lamp like that. Which I frequently do (dream of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mister... no, i didn't get the orange storage pieces.

    @victoria... i didn't look at the lamp, but the table was priced reasonably, so i'm sure the price was decent.

    @lily... i'd love to have a hutch like that, but i have no room!

    @vintage... i have... i just bought the table and will be picking it up in two days!

    @jess... haha... i have items i dream of finding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, we own the credenza that matches the hutch you saw! Can you tell me where this was?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great finds! I have the IKEA version of this table and I need to get rid of it. Mostly because I want something smaller as my tiny studio apartment is getting a bit cramped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was like...no you didn't! But hooray! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete