VINTAGE WISH LIST

Most of my vintage collections and stuff that I find I usually just come across while thrifting, cruising Ebay or Etsy, or some other resource. There are a few items I am always looking for, some of which are pretty elusive...


I've always loved this George Nelson desk. I really doubt I will even come across it in a thrift store or on Craig's List. It's more of a save-my-money-and-someday-buy-it-for-thousands kind of purchase.


I guess I have a thing for George Nelson, because if I ever found these sideboards/cabinets at a decent price I'd pee my pants and jump up and down like a school girl.


These Kaj Bojesen Zooline Monkeys make my heart flutter. I've always loved lighthearted and funny design, and these are definitely humorous! They are almost always on Ebay, but I guess I am not ready to spend $150 of one of them. So, I'm hoping someday I will come across one while thrifting or at an antique mall.


When people would ask me what item I am constantly looking for when thrifting, my standard answer used to be a Eames wood chair. That's not necessarily what I say now, but I'd still be really happy to find one. And a Kaj Franck Finel enamel mushroom bowl would be an amazing thrift find. But like the Zooline monkeys, I'm not really willing to shell out more than $30 for one.


Lately, I've had my eye on black Cathrinholm pieces, especially a tea kettle. A few months ago, there was a black tea kettle on Ebay and I decided not to bid. It "only" sold for $75 which is a steal compared to what the other pieces sell for. I missed my chance! Hopefully, another one will show up soon at a fair price.

What is on YOUR vintage wish list?

7 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the Danish monkeys and the lotus enamel (I would be happy with any colour and any shape). X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am fortunate to have a cathrineholm dutch oven and matching saucier. i'd really love to have a black tea kettle, though!

      Delete
  2. I would love to find a charley harper print, a mogensen sideboard, and some ultima thule, I am on the verge of resorting to bartering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i found a charley harper print a few months ago. it was a great find!

      Delete
  3. Ok, Drew. I wish more than anything in the world that I could transplant your sense of style into my mother-in-law's brain so that she would stop buying me things that look like this: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/fuo/2843744963.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ewww!!! tell her to give you gift cards, instead! lol.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you know, but Zooline (and School Line) are knock-offs of the Kay Bojesen line of animal toys, which, to the best of my knowledge, were not called Zooline.

    ReplyDelete