WANTED :: TIE TESTERS


 Two years ago I made a batch of ties out of vintage fabrics. I posted a photo on my Flickr page and it became my third most viewed photo. Everyone was asking when I was going to start selling them. At the time I was too afraid of all the hand sewing required so I didn't finish them.

A few days ago I posted the image on Instagram and Facebook and once again, they were a huge hit. I got out the needle and thread and sat my ass down and started sewing. It wasn't that bad and didn't take that long. It went faster while watching a DVD.


I will make more and start selling them but I need to test them first. I want to improve the pattern and know if there are any potential issues.

I need three testers that are willing to wear the a tie over the next 2-3 weeks and then report any issues. I will send you the tie. All you need to do is report back to me. You can keep the tie.

The first THREE readers who comment to this post will receive the ties. I will choose which tie you get. Please be sure to leave an email address. USA and CANADA residents only.

UPDATE :: all spots are filled. Thanks!

13 comments:

  1. I will take one! I'm sure I can get my husband to test them well (he's a bit hard on his ties).
    My only condition is that I can post about it on my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @katie... no problem... you can post all you want on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to sign my husband up to be a tester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nikki... send me your email address.

      (kitschcafevintage at gmail...]

      Delete
  4. My man is so a tester!
    meg
    guppyandwhaleshark@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, we will post on our blog. he totally agreed!
      meg
      twitter-cincy_cindrella

      Delete
  5. These are great! Would love to see photos of your tie testers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Keep 'em slender but not skinny ... then let me know when you start selling them. I'll definitely be a customer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happened to your blog? Miss your entertaining posts :-)

    ReplyDelete